Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bones New Season Review

I am an avid Bones watcher. I started watching at the beginning and still watch today, even though that usually means recording it and watching when my kids are asleep. I have loved this show from the beginning even in times when you just want to scream "Come on! Get Bones and Booth together already!" But, I think they have handled that relationship beautifully and have stayed true to the characters and what the characters would really do. Yes, we the fans would love to see them together already and living happily ever after, but just like with the Angela-Hodgins relationship, it has to happen the way it would in real life with these people. This week's episode, The Bullet in the Brain, it was nice to see that there is still something there for Bones with Booth even though he said last week that he loves Hannah after Bones confessed her feelings. I also loved that we saw a little more into Sweets this week. They started to do some real character development back in the episode "Mayhem on the Cross" but even then, a lot was left unexplained (like all the scars on his back).
Now, I'm not sure if it's just me, but this season seems to be getting a little more graphic and.....I'll just say it, gross. Not that it's been all unicorns and rainbows before, but it still seems like more. With the Gravedigger's head blowing up and the woman in the lye....maybe they got a bigger special effects budget. Either way, I will continue to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment